THE NEED FOR SAFE SHELTER, 24-HOUR CRISIS SERVICES AND ONGOING SUPPORT FOR PROGRAMS IS CRITICAL IN OUR COMMUNITY.
RAVE's services are dependent upon the help and support of community members, area businesses and organizations. All of our services are free and confidential. Giving a survivor the freedom to not have to think about paying for often live saving services is priceless. Donations to RAVE help women and children by providing the staffing, counseling, food, shelter, clothing and assisting in the basic needs of daily living when lives are disrupted by violence. One child wrote on one of our feedback surveys, “I feel more confident about myself and am no longer afraid or ashamed to talk to someone about what happened to me”. This statement is exactly why our services are so important and why we need you! Your support makes a meaningful difference in the lives of survivors.
THERE ARE MANY WAYS TO GIVE
Donate Now Online - Monetary donations go the furthest for RAVE. We exist through the generosity of others. RAVE is a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit agency, and your donation is tax deductible as permitted by law.
Donate by Mail - Relief After Violent Encounter - Ionia/Montcalm, Inc., PO Box 93, Ionia MI 48846. Make checks payable to Relief After Violent Encounter or RAVE.
Gift Cards - Gift cards empower RAVE to meet and support all survivor needs, all year long. Gift cards offer dignity to survivors as they rebuild their lives by providing the opportunity for them to choose the items that are most needed.
Matching Gifts - Many employers will match gifts their employees make to RAVE. Check with your employer to see if they are a matching gift company. It’s as simple as mailing in a completed form with your gift to RAVE. We will do the rest.
Stocks, Bequests, and Insurance - Donors may designate RAVE as a beneficiary in their wills and/or as the beneficiary of their life insurance policies. For more information, please contact us at 616-527-3351 ext. 222.
Legacy Giving - When you make a legacy gift to RAVE you provide us with solid financial footing, help us plan for the future with confidence, and ensuring we can continue empowering survivors of domestic violence and/or sexual violence. There are several ways you can make a legacy gift to RAVE, some of which offer you benefits in return. Some popular gifts include:
- Giving a gift in your will or living trust. This gift cost you nothing today and is easy to change as needed.
- Naming RAVE as a beneficiary of your retirement plan assets. A simple form is all that’s needed to make this gift.
- Donating appreciated stock. When you give stock that is worth more now than when you bought it, you can avoid capital gains tax.
Group Giving and Donation Drives - If you or a group you belong to are interested in organizing a food or paper product drive, or awareness event for RAVE, please contact us at 616-527-3351 ext. 231.
Host a Third-Party Event - Please consider hosting a fundraiser for RAVE. A third-party fundraiser is a company, organization, or individual that wishes to hold a promotion, event, or sale to benefit RAVE For more information, contact us at 616-527-3351 ext. 231.
Amazon Wish List - Our needs list consists of our everyday needs and is updated regularly.
YOUR GIFT CAN MEAN THE WORLD TO A SURVIVOR. FOR AS LITTLE AS $10, KNOW THAT YOU ARE TAKING A STAND AGAINST DOMESTIC AND SEXUAL VIOLENCE.
- $10 helps a survivor get a birth certificate for a new housing opportunity.
- $25 supports mileage to allow a victim’s counselor/advocate to attend court which allows a victim to a safe person by their side.
- $30 supports the purchase of new doorknobs or other items needed to increase safety measures in their own home.
- $50 helps keep the shelter clean and sanitized living environment for our survivors staying with us.
- $75 supports the cost of having an advocate assist a victim with filing out an application to get a personal protection order and attend any necessary hearings.
- $100 pays for 5 housing applications.
- $360 supports our safe house being staffed with a highly trained advocate, 24/7/365.
- $400 pays the annual fee for our safe house security system, so residents will know they are safe from danger.
DONATE ITEMS FROM OUR WISH LIST OR CHILDREN'S PROGRAM NEEDS
If you would like to support RAVE through a donation of items, below is a link to our wish list. Please remember us during Buy One Get One sales, or any other discounts and specials that will help local businesses and local families.