Domestic Violence Awareness Month
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM). Join RAVE throughout October to spread community awareness about Domestic and Sexual Violence. Show your support to survivors of Domestic and Sexual Violence by sharing social media posts, news articles, and participating in our awareness events and volunteer opportunities.
Join Our Cause and Get Involved
Social Media Awareness
1. Wear Purple on October 9th to show your support for survivors.
2. Send your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag @RAVE.IM and we will share your photos supporting survivors on our social media pages! Share what Domestic Violence Awareness Month means to you!
3. Visit Ionia and Montcalm County Courthouses to see our Clothesline Project Display
4. Check out the Social Media Toolkit by the NCADV http://ncdsv.org/NCADV_Social-Media-Toolkit-Honoring-30-Years-of-DVAM_8-2017.pdf
5. Check our Facebook and Instagram for weekly updates on ways to show your support.
Use the Hash Tags: #DVAM17 #RAVEDVAM
Participate in an Event
1. National #DVAMWeekOfAction: October 15th - 21st
Where: Shelter House
With: Women and Children Survivors